CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Happy" Valentines Day!....Finally

As long as I've known Joe we've sort of always had bad luck on Valentines day. Well...more than sort of. Honestly....for us....Valentines Day is always a disaster! Our first Valentines Day as a married couple we got in a huge fight. Then there was the year I woke up Valentines morning with a HUGE cold sore. (I'm not kidding when I say huge. My top lip swelled up so big it touched my nose.) There were a couple of years where I was sick. Then the year of "Jakes." We thought we'd try a little restaurant in the area called "Jakes." Hands down the worst place I've ever eaten. And It was not cheap either. It just seems like Cupid has something against us!
Well, this year I was determined to overcome our "bad valentine mojo." Joe made reservations at a great little local place, we got a baby sitter, it seemed like we had everything taken care of. I was a little nervous when Emily and Dallin decided to keep me up all night the two nights before Valentines day, but with the help of a little Dr. Pepper we made it through the evening with no disasters! As a matter of fact we had a great time!
Do I dare say our bad luck streak is over? I guess we'll wait until next year to be sure.

HAPPY "LOVE" DAY TO ALL MY FAVORITE VALENTINES!

6 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Maybe there's something in the air. Derik and I had a great Valentine's day as well...WEIRD...I know!
I'm glad things worked out for you guys this year, let's hope our good luck continues.
Love you guys!

Denise said...

man. we did not manage to break the curse and had a horrible day. oh well. I don't think it's for us.

Emily Merchant said...

Glad it turned out. We have had some rough ones, but some of yours sound like they would beat them out any day...

Can't wait to try Foundation...

Anonymous said...

We've eaten at Jake's too and we also thought it was awful and expensive! Too funny! Glad the curse might be broken!

:)Fiona

BlueSkies28 said...

I am glad your luck finally changed.. you guys deserve it..Lexi found my cinderella pictures and was asking about all the people in them..she thought it was 'so cool' that cinderelle and the prince got married in real life.. :)

Tiffany Downs said...

Hey, so I am totally blog stalking you, hope it's ok! Your family is so beautiful. Becky is 9 OMGoodness! Send me your email to tacdowns@yahoo.com and I'll send you an envite to our blog. I have to have a private one do to Pauls job. . .nice. Anywho so good to see you and your family!