CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 27, 2009

The End of an Era...


After 15 years of teaching piano lessons I have decided to take a break. Last night after I finished teaching my last lesson it was definitely a bitter sweet experience. Making this decision was not easy, and it probably isn't even permanent. But, recently it has felt like the right decision for our family.
I have always loved teaching. Music is something I am very passionate about and teaching in itself is such a rewarding experience. It has blessed our family in countless ways and I will truly miss it.
I will miss all 14 of my awesome students too!
However, I have to admit I am looking forward to having my afternoons free up a little bit. :o)

9 comments:

Joe and Liz said...

That's really exciting Jen!! I know how stressful it is with piano students...so I think that's great what you're doing and you'll be able to spend more time with your family. I'm just holding on for a few more years until we're done with school to be done teaching, well minus teaching Abby. But anyways I'm excited for you!

Denise said...

Oh. So happy for you...so sad for us. Seriously. We love you so much and will really miss you.

Crystal said...

I can see how that would be bittersweet. Enjoy your afternoons. :)

~Michelle~ said...

Jen, I hope you know you have to come out of retirement sometime and teach me how to play the piano, I've already made up my mind that one day I'll get a piano (even though I have no idea how to play one) and that you'll be my teacher. Don't worry though, at the rate we're going it might be like 30 years before I'll need your services ;)
on the other hand I'm glad that you'll have a little less stress and more time with the family.

Sammie said...

I'm excited for you to have this change in your life! You are a much better teacher than I ever could be. I have too many "Paula" memories that make me think I might be as mean as she was :) You'll always be my favorite duet partner!

Tami said...

I'm excited for you Jen. I quit teaching before #4 baby was born and I don't know how I would fit it into my schedule now. I thought it would get easier as my kids got older because they wouldn't need me so much. I was wrong. They still need me and I am grateful for the time I am able to have with them after they get home from school.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Those kids are going to miss you. You do such a wonderful job, one of the best teachers I know. Enjoy your time with your kids!

Natalie said...

Good for you! You deserve a break. I don't know how you've had the time to do it for this long. We need to get together. Soon. We're moving to Utah in a few weeks. :(

Jon and Laura said...

Congratulations on finishing up a great accomplishment. I am sure you will definitely be missed, but I bet your kids will love the extra mommy time with you.
Can't wait to see you!