CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love this time of year. I have so many "warm fuzzy" memories of Thanksgiving Holidays spent with lots of family around and lots of good food! I truly have been blessed all my life!
However, as I reflect back on this year I have to say I am overwhelmed at the number of blessings that have been poured out upon us. "My cup runneth over."

We started off the year with the addition of our little "man-cub."
Dallin (or "Tank" as Uncle Tony likes to call him) has wrapped us all around his chubby little finger!
Joe finished law school and successfully passed the bar.
We enjoyed several fun vacations this summer.
Joe started work at a great Law firm in D.C.
We started construction on our first home. (YAY!)
We have had the testimony building experience of being able to participate in our Stake production of "Savior of the World."
And some how we have found a way to balance church callings, work, school, piano teaching, home teaching, visiting teaching, rehearsals, joy school, homework, youth activities, dance lessons, family home evening, and all those other things that seem fill our time.
We've also had those moments of stress, disappointment, and doubt. But as I look back I see the growth our family experienced through those times. And I am so grateful for the opportunities we've had to lean on each other as a family, for the service that was so generously given to us by extended family and friends.
And most of all I am grateful for the chance to better my relationship with my Savior.

For Family home evening this week we played a game where we all sat on the floor in a circle and took turns rolling a ball to each other while naming things we were thankful for.
I won't name the entire list we made on Monday but I do want to name the most important ones: (In no particular order)
I am thankful for my sweet husband!!!
I am thankful for my four beautiful children.
I am thankful for My parents and for our extended family and friends.
I am thankful for the chance to try to do and be a little better each day.
I am thankful to live in this great country.
I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
And I am thankful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God, that Jesus Christ is my brother and Savior.

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Jon and Laura said...

This is the greatest post ever. Don't you just love the holidays? It seems that some of the fondest meemories of being young are based around a holiday of some sort. It is so cool now that we are so "mature" (ok, maybe we are adults, but some of us aren't so mature)we can create memories for our own families. Crazy!
p.s. your hair looks so adorable, I can't believe you are so brave. Way to go. You look beautiful either way. You seriously haven't aged a bit.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Jen, I am grateful for YOU! You are such a wonderful example of everything it takes to be a great woman, a wonderful wife, beautiful sister, patient mother and talented friend. Thank you for everything!

Crystal said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jenny. I'm glad things have been going so well for you guys. I love this time of year as well!

Sammie said...

I didn't know you guys were building your first home!! How exciting. Make sure you keep us up to date on the progress. Oh and by the way.....VA VA VA VOOM on the new hair color!!! What does Joe think of it?

BlueSkies28 said...

heehee I am laughing at Sammie's va-va-va voom! it does look so cute! Not everyone could go either way ya know..you look beautiful and natural both ways! Va-va-va voom! I hope you guys had an awesome thanksgiving!

Crystal said...

Hey Jenny, I've made my blog private, but would love to have you still keep in touch there if you are interested! I need your email to add you. Can you email it to me? crystalchay @gmail.com