CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 24, 2010

(sigh)..............30..............................

So I just turned 30.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

For most of my life a lot of who I am has been defined by being "young." I'm one of the youngest in my family. I have a late birthday so I was always the young one in school. I got married at a really young age so even though I have been a wife and mom for a while, I have always been a "young wife" and a "young mom". And for a long time we were the young couple in the ward, but not so much anymore. Although I've never really considered 30 old........it's not really young either.

There is so much I wanted to accomplish before this mile stone that I haven't.

I don't have a master's degree. (Or even a bachelor's degree for that matter ;)
I have never performed with the Utah Symphony.
I have never spoken before congress.
I have never written a critically acclaimed children's book.
I have never become an award winning pastry chef.
I have never performed with the New York Ballet or in a starring role on Broadway.
I have never recorded a platinum album.
I have never spent time in a third world country giving humanitarian service.
I have never served a full time mission.
I've never been a member of The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
(The list goes on and on........ but I think you get the point ;)

All joking aside.... as I look back on these last 30 years I feel very blessed.
So many wonderful memories.
So many things to be thankful for.
And who knows what the next 30 years have in store for me...........I might even get to cross a few things off my list. :)




0 comments: