CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

The "Great and Terrible Day" is Here!

The last few months have been a little high stress at our house as Joe has been preparing for the bar. The last two weeks have been particularly brutal. After he finished his bar prep class he set up a desk in our room and has followed a strict schedule that has gone something like:

Wake up - study until lunch
Eat lunch
Study until dinner
Eat dinner
Study until bed

We haven't seen much of him except for a glimpse here and there through the crack of the door he's locked himself behind.


However, it's all going to be over this week!
Joe left for Roanoke, VA this morning to take the Virginia Bar Exam! He takes the test tomorrow and Wed. He won't know the results until mid-October. But I'm positive he'll hit it out of the park. He has worked so hard all through Law School and in preparation for this test. I am amazed at the discipline and dedication he has shone through this whole process.
For those of you who read this in the next few days make sure you keep Joe in your prayers.

I am so proud of you Sweetie! Good Luck!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck Joe!!

~Michelle~ said...

Jenny I couldn't have agreed with you more, than when you said you knew Joe would hit it out of the park. We all know he will.
You two have sacrificed so much and from what I have seen and heard, Joe has done more than his part to be prepared. I will keep you in our prayers, a little help from the man upstairs never hurts!

On a side note, Jenny you are such an amazing Woman and Wife! Lucky, lucky Joe, I'm sure he couldn't have made it as far as he has without you. You have always brought out the best in him.

Anonymous said...

Joe is amazing -- he definitely has more discipline than I ever did. I know he'll do great. But you're amazing, too, Jen, and you both deserve a break once it's over. (Having had a spouse who studied for the bar, I think I can sympathize with you a little bit!)

Jen & Johnny said...

What a dedicated and wonderful husband!! And what a dedicated and wonderful wife, woman and mother you are!!!! You guys amaze me!!!! HOORAY for it to all be over!!!! Good Luck Joe~ you are goin gto do WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Dan and Marci said...

He'll do awesome. I'm not sure i would be able to leave Dan alone if he was studying at home--and I know the kids wouldn't have! He would have had to hit the library.
p.s.
thecutestblogontheblock.com easy breezy!

Joe and Liz said...

Yeah for Joe and for you too Jen!! I bet he's so excited to be done! That is quite an accomplishment and so exciting. I can't wait to be at the point of being done with school. Hopefully you guys will get the chance to do something fun and celebrate!

Sammie said...

I feel like such an idiot for the complaining I did once I read about the schedule your family has been dealing with. You two ROCK! I hope you have some down time now. BTW, email me your phone #, I lost it.

Someone else already filled you in, but I got my background from thecutestblockontheblock.com too.

~Michelle~ said...

By the way I love the addition on your side bar (adventures in parenting).
I laughed so hard, I could hardly see straight. Man I miss you guys!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Good luck Joe! And as we say in the acting world, Break a Leg! I know you will do amazingly well. I am so proud of you and all of your hard work!

Yeah for you Jen! You guys will be out of school for the first time in YEARS! I think that you are amazing, girl. I love you!